Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Denver update

So, here I am in Denver, late Tuesday of my week 2 training. Training has been WAY different than what I ever could have expected. I honestly expected it to be all stuffy and starched collars, and I can honestly say it's been anything but. I get along with just about everyone, which is absolutely fantastic. There are certainly some folks that I am going to miss dreadfully when we all part ways on Friday afternoon. Got everyone's cell numbers though, so I imagine there will be tons of texts flying across the nation afterwards, probably with the end comment of "You're a towel!" God, I'm gonna miss these guys, and that's the truth.

Training itself has been alright. I (for the most part) like both of my instructors, however I'm not necessarily keen on one's teaching style. She's in training, and it shows. She's a nice lady though, and the other trainer is as much of a nerd as I am, which is awesome. I have also found kindred spirits in some of the other nerds/geeks in the class.

However, one side effect of the training has been that my alcohol consumption has increased dramatically, LOL! I swear, I have drank more in the past 5 days than I have in the past year. I think I needed it though, I haven't ever really "cut loose" in any aspect of my life, not in a long while. As anyone that knows me can attest, most of the people I hang out with are the guys in the group. I've always been somewhat of a tomboy, and it especially has been showing this week. I mean seriously, how many other chicks can talk cars, computers, and guns with someone and actually KNOW what she's talking about?

Anyhow, I'm rambling. I've been enjoying training a lot. I head back home on Friday, and then I get Saturday off, then Sunday I head out from Missoula to Boise for my mentoring week. Then, I'm sure I'll be starting in the regular store, so I'm staying busy.

Things in my personal life are going okay, for the most part. I'll be honest though, I've been so busy with training and such this week that I haven't really had the time to focus on my personal life. I'm sure that will change as soon as I get home though, as I'll have more time alone to dwell on it. I have honestly been anything BUT alone on this trip, as there's always somebody asking me to hang out, or a large group of us will chill out in someone's room while we all talk over each other. Some of us are planning on going to the 12:20 AM showing of Dark Knight on Thursday night (well, technically Friday), considering that the giant screen theater is all of 3 blocks from our hotel. Should be good times.

Anyhow, I gotta get in the shower here in a minute and get ready to get myself to bed. 6 AM comes dang early, and I only got 3 hours sleep last night.

Hope all is well with everyone, and I'll hopefully be updating more often, LOL!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I haven't talked to you in forever! I'm glad to hear training went well. Sorry about all the traveling though. Hopefully you can get home soon and decompress a little!