Monday, March 17, 2008

And on a whole different tangent...

Something I've never actually written about in my blog, probably because I hadn't thought about it, but after Friday, I just had to share this.

SKS? Fully customized with a pistol grip, adjustable stock, and other accoutrements? HELL of a lot of fun to shoot!

Went to the firing range with my buddy Aaron and his girlfriend last Friday, and had an absolutely FANTASTIC time. Aaron also let me put some rounds through his Glock 27, and I really really really want one now. A Glock 27 is a .40 cal subcompact semi-automatic handgun. It doesn't kick too much, and it fits my hand well. I also started researching what it's going to take to get me my Concealed Handgun License in Houston.

In other news, spring break is next week. Got to start getting my "to do list" together.

4 comments:

1stopmom said...

Wow, how did it feel? My dad has been talking about going to a gun range and it has made me curious. This may sound silly but when you squeeze the trigger did you blink?

Shelby said...

I hadn't really thought about it, and I read your comment to DF, he says you probably mean do I close my eyes in anticipation for the shot, and I don't. Eye on the target and all :-)

I do blink, however, when the shot goes off, but it's not a flinch, just a blink.

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I'm going to get a .45 sometime soon. Haven't been shooting in ages, but I grew up with it.

Unknown said...

/runs away