Sunday, April 20, 2008

T-Minus 19 days and counting.

I swear, things can't get any more hectic around here!

I finally got all of my graduation announcements out, thank goodness. Now I'm just trying to round up and organize people's travel data so that way I can make sure I get to see all the family that is coming in from out of town. Roger's mom, and grandpa are coming, and my dad and his girlfriend are coming, and I believe my cousin is coming into town too. Mom's throwing a party for me after the ceremony, and some online friends are throwing me a party I think the Wednesday after. I love my computer, all my friends live in it.

Went to the firing range again on Friday, had a wonderful time. Have definitely decided on the Glock 27 as my next handgun purchase.

Trying to get things organized for the move, starting to make "to do" lists and such. We've decided that we're going to give 60 days notice to our apartment complex, and tell them we'll be out by July 1. That way we have essentially 6 weeks after graduation to get our poop in a group and get this show on the road. Most of the apartments I'm seeing in Houston want a monthly income of 2 to 3 times the cost of the rent, which is completely doable with the jobs that Roger and I are looking at.

Finished my first pair of knitted socks, they turned out WAY awesome!

I've been commissioned for 3 more pairs from other people, plus I want to make more for myself. They're WAY comfy. And it helps that sock yarn is way cheap. I've told Roger that I want to spend about $110.00 on yarn, and it'll get me enough sock yarn to make a pair of each color that I like. I've also set up a plan where if someone wants me to make them socks, they have to purchase the yarn for their socks, plus purchase sock yarn for me. I doubt (at this rate) that I'll run out anytime soon, hehe.

And per my friend's request, I'm gonna post my BBQ Pork recipe.

1 pork roast
1 jar applesauce
1 bottle BBQ sauce

Put roast in crock pot, cover with half of the jar of applesauce. Cook on high for 6 hours. Pull roast from pot, dump the contents of the crock pot, and put roast back in. Pull apart with forks, mix in the BBQ sauce and the rest of the applesauce. Cook on low for 2 hours. Serve on hamburger buns.

I've started a new policy for myself too. I have to drink at least 16 oz. of water upon waking up, between "other drinks" (soda and juice, mostly), and before bed. Sometimes I substitute iced tea in place of water, but I've noticed that my skin is clearing up. I'm hoping that it'll be completely clear by the time graduation rolls around. I bought an insert for my Nalgene wide-mouth bottle that constricts the flow of liquid out of it, and it also keeps me from getting smacked in the teeth with ice cubes (since I'll only drink water if it's ice cold).

Anyhow, that's enough rambling from me. I need to start getting ready to go, Roger and I are going on a date tonight to Applebee's. Catch ya on the flip side!!

Oh, yeah! I promised pictures of the results of the pattern I was testing. Here ya go!

No comments: