Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Official... We're moving!

Well, we've decided not to rent a truck, instead we're putting a hitch on my poor car and towing a trailer to Katy. I've played around with a spreadsheet, and it looks like it's going to be about $1500.00 to move. Better than the original 3 grand!

Also just made up the "intent to vacate" letter for the apartment complex we're leaving, and reserved the trailer we're renting.

The prospect of having to say goodbye to my family is driving me crazy. I'm going to miss my mom terribly, but Roger's promised I can come home whenever I want/need to. Plus I have family in Austin, which will help.

Also, with only renting a trailer, a lot of our belongings are not going to be able to go with us on the trip, unfortunately. I'm talking big items, like my dressers, entertainment center, couch, etc. Some of this stuff we were going to get rid of anyway, but not all of it. I've been going through websites to see how much it'll cost to replace some of my kitchen appliances with things I want. I may be a little overzealous in what I want, but if I'm being given a clean slate to work with and get exactly what I want, I'd rather not just settle for what I can get, yanno? Mom said I can store a few of my sentimental things in her storage unit here in town, and if they drive down to see us, they'll bring them with.

Lots of stuff still left to complete before we move, but it looks like we'll be out of here by the 2nd of June. Scary. I'm somewhat excited, but then again I'm sad. Need to get ahold of the vet, must do that Monday.

Finals week is here, and as you can see by the countdown, we're getting REALLY close to graduation time. I'm off for now, but don't be surprised to see to-do lists on here in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: